Professional Education and Training University: University of Rome La Sapienza, School of Architecture,
POST GRADUATE STUDIES:
- International Centre for Conservation (Rome)-ICCROM-UNESCO. Area of Interest: Architectural Conservation 1977.
- Diploma (Ms) in Architectural Conservation, University of Rome “La Sapienza”, School of Monument Restoration and Conservation, (Scuola di perfezionamento per lo studio ed il restauro dei Monumenti) 1984.
- Ph.D. in History of Architecture and Urbanism, University of Rome, “La Sapienza” 1992.
- Technical Chamber of Greece.
- Association of the Greek Architects.
- Hellenic International Committee of Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS), member of the Board of Directors,
V.President since 2012,
- Hellenic Society of Cartography.
- Hellenic Institute of Underwater Archaeology.
During the post graduate training and subsequent Ph.D degree, I majored in: restoration, conservation and reuse of monuments and historical sites.
Later professional interests included underwater and land archeology, vernacular architecture, direct and indirect monuments documentation (aerial photography, photogrammetry, 3D TLS and SfM scanning.
These included remnants of buildings, findings of recent excavations, and ancient compound structures that were part of known archaeological sites either inland or by the sea.